Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An Incredible Journey

On March 31, 2009, I'll board a flight to Delhi and start an incredible 3-month adventure through 9 countries in Asia. Along the way, I'll see such sights as the Taj Mahal, Mount Everest, Angkor Wat, and Mt. Bromo. I'll visit Delhi, Kathmandu, Bangkok, Saigon, Singapore, Jakarta, and Kuala Lumpur. I'll travel through Hindu, Buddhist, and Muslim countries. I'll travel through areas beautiful, barren, rich, poor, populous, and desolate; through mountains, islands, near-desert, ocean, and rainforest. And I will literally travel around the world, flying east through New York to Delhi, and again eastbound in July from Bali to Los Angeles.

I've been wanting to take a trip like this practically forever, but especially since I first independently traveled (the euphemism in vogue for "backpacking") in Thailand in 2002 on a side trip during my study abroad program in Sydney, Australia. I couldn't wait to go back, and to explore the many countries around it. I can't imagine a better time to make this trip than now, as I make a pretty big life transition from work back to school.

I'm writing this blog so family & friends can keep track of me as I travel. I hope you'll find it interesting, amusing, or educational... even if it's just to see whether I can survive 3 months wearing one pair of pants :)

Here's the basic outline of my trip:

India -- Nepal -- Northern Thailand -- Laos -- Vietnam -- Cambodia -- Southern Thailand -- Malaysia -- Singapore -- Indonesia (Java & Bali).




Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments: